One effective alternative for home security is the Blink Outdoor Camera. If you have the floodlight camera, it also offers streaming in 1080p with up to 700 lumens of lighting. The only drawback is that it can be tricky to set up, but we have outlined exactly how to accomplish it.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to set up the Blink outdoor camera:
Install the Blink App and register for an account.
Downloading the app and creating an account are the first two steps in configuring your Blink Outdoor Camera. You only need to finish this step if you’re using a Blink product for the first time and haven’t already set up an account and the app.
Follow these guidelines exactly to install the app and create an account:
- Install the Blink application.
- After opening the app, select “new account” from the menu.
- Choose your country and area.
- After generating your login details, note them because you will need to use them to sign in each time; input your email and make a password for your account.
- Validate your email.
- Give your preferred phone number for this account.
- Look up the phone number.
- Link your Amazon and Blink accounts.
After following these steps, your Blink account should have been properly created. Ensure all your information is true because you frequently log into the app to manage and check your camera feed.
Once you’ve completed this step, you can move on to the next.
Input A Sync Module, And then Create A System.
You must insert a Sync Module and establish a system after setting up your account and making the app usable. This is a crucial step since the Sync Module (the hub) is needed for the Blink cameras to function. Use the latter primarily to connect your cameras to the Blink app and Sync Module.
A “system” will be formed under your Sync Module when connected. Your camera will be listed in the system under a broad category. For instance, you may combine all of your home’s front-facing exterior cameras into one system with the Sync Module.
Follow these steps exactly to add a Sync Module and create a system:
- Open the Blink app and choose the “+” icon in the top right corner to add a device.
- If this is your first time configuring a device, choose the Blink wireless camera system from the list of available devices. The Sync Module must be linked before any cameras can be installed. Therefore this option entails attaching it.
- To begin, enter the serial number of the Sync Module or scan the QR code.
- Use the name of the place where your device will be installed as the system name when creating a new system. (Example: a home’s front yard.)
- Watch for your sync module to blink blue on one light when you connect it in and remain steady green on the other.
- the button labelled “Discover Device.”
- Your app must then connect to the Sync Module’s WiFi, which may be found by looking for the prefix “BLINK-” followed by four digits. Choose “Join.”
- After that, use the app to connect to your home WiFi. Once you’ve selected your WiFi, enter the proper password.
- You can click the Done button now that your network must be linked.
You can now add your cameras because the Sync Module has been connected to the system, and your network has been successfully established.
Set Up a Blink Outdoor Camera
Setting up a blink outdoor camera is quite simple.
Installing your Blink outdoor camera will be simple if you follow the instructions.
The principal techniques for mounting a Blink outside camera are as follows:
- Install the Blink app and register for an account.
- Create a system in the app by configuring the sync module.
- Connect the Blink camera to the established sync module.
- Position the camera on a wall.
Establish Sync Module
The sync module will allow the Blink outdoor camera to be controlled via an app.
Whether you want to install a single camera or a network of cameras around your property, establishing any Blink camera requires setting up the sync module.
The sync module can be considered a hub that will synchronize any connected device.
The following actions need to be taken to establish a system using the sync module:
- After starting the Blink app, select the “+” symbol.
- Scan the QR code on the sync module after deciding what kind of device you wish to add.
- After selecting “Create a new system,” the sync module must be plugged in.
- As soon as the module starts blinking blue, select “Discover Device.”
- Your phone should be linked to the WiFi on the sync module.
- Enter the details for your home WiFi, then click “done.”
If you complete these procedures, your sync module will connect to the WiFi in your house. The cameras can now be added to the system.
Setup the Blink Outdoor Camera
After you’ve connected all your cameras to the system, there isn’t much more to do.
Only the right location needs to be chosen for mounting the cameras.
If you bought the cameras with a particular system in mind, be sure to mount them so that they continue to work in harmony with it.
When choosing a place, it’s critical to avoid the following:
- Camera straight towards the sun
- Camera mounted underneath branches and leaves that are moving
- Distant Vehicles
Q: Is there a monthly fee for Blink outdoor cameras?
A: A Blink outdoor camera doesn’t require a monthly subscription. However, you can apply for a Blink membership plan if you’d like.
If you purchase a plan, you have access to more features. Two examples of these are video sharing and motion-activated video recording. There is no requirement to pay a monthly subscription, though.
Q: Does Blink camera connect to WIFI or Sync Module?
A: Blink cameras connect to the sync module and WiFi. Your mobile device won’t be able to access the live feed if WiFi isn’t available. Without the sync module, your phone won’t be able to access your Blink camera either.
Q: Can a Blink camera be positioned properly far from a house?
A: The distance between a Blink camera and the house is up to 100 feet. This is because if it is any further, your sync module and Blink camera will be unable to connect.