Explore life-changing opportunities with fully funded scholarships in the United States for international students. Unlock your potential and pursue higher education without financial constraints. Discover a world of academic excellence and cultural enrichment as you embark on a transformative educational journey. Apply now for fully funded scholarships and open the door to a brighter future in the US.
Fully Funded Scholarships In The US For International Students
Securing a quality education is a topmost aspiration for many, and for many international students, the United States is an academic beacon offering world-class institutions and diverse learning environments. However, the financial constraints associated with studying abroad can be a significant barrier.
In response, various organizations and institutions in the United States have established fully funded scholarships for international students. These scholarships aim to foster global academic collaboration and empower bright minds worldwide, ensuring that financial considerations do not hinder the pursuit of knowledge. In this article, we explore the top 10 fully funded scholarships in the US for international students.
9+ Fully Funded Scholarships in The US For International Students
Here are the best fully funded scholarships in the US for international students. However, they can be super competitive to get. Ensure you carefully go through it to equip yourself with the necessary knowledge.
The Fulbright program offers one of the most impactful, fully funded US scholarships for international international students. Offered by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, this student program has fostered cross-cultural understanding and academic exchange since its inception in 1946.
It is basically for international students pursuing graduate programs in the United States. The program covers tuition, textbooks, airfare, a living stipend, and health insurance. This comprehensive coverage aims to allow students to focus on their academic pursuits without being bothered about financial responsibility.
Level of Study: Graduate Studies
How to Apply:
The criteria for program eligibility and the selection procedures differ across different countries. Please click this link to access details about the Fulbright Program in your home country, encompassing eligibility prerequisites and application guidelines.
The AAWU international fellowships are one of the best fully funded scholarships in the US for international students offered by the American Association of University Women, specifically for women pursuing full-time graduate or postdoctoral study in the United States.
The AAUW Fellowship Program provides financial support ranging from $20,000 to $50,000 per year, subject to the fulfillment of academic criteria for renewal. The program opens every August 1st and closes November 15th.
Recipients of the AAUW International Fellowships become part of a global network of women scholars and leaders. This network fosters collaboration, mentorship, and exchanging ideas, creating a ripple effect of positive influence in communities worldwide.
Level of Study: Graduate and Postgraduate
How to Apply: Click on this link to start your application
- You must possess citizenship in a country other than the United States or hold a nonimmigrant visa if currently residing in the U.S.
- You must hold an academic degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree, earned either in the U.S. or abroad, completed by the application deadline.
- You must dedicate yourself full-time to the proposed academic plan throughout the fellowship year.
- You must intend to return to your home country to pursue a professional career upon completing your studies.
- You must exhibit proficiency in English. You can sit for English proficiency exams or get a written statement attesting that English is the applicant’s native language.
Stanford University Scholarship is a prestigious, fully funded opportunity explicitly created for international students pursuing master’s and Ph.D. studies at Stanford University in the United States. This scholarship encompasses various essential aspects of academic life, including full coverage of tuition fees, a travel allowance, a living stipend, and financial support for academic expenses.
This scholarship reflects Stanford University’s commitment to academic excellence and its dedication to fostering a diverse and globally engaged student community. The comprehensive support provided makes it an attractive opportunity for those aspiring to undertake impactful academic journeys at one of the world’s leading institutions.
Study Level: Masters / Ph.D.
How to Apply: Click this link to register an account and start your application roves.
- You can apply if you apply within four years and enroll within five years after attaining your first/bachelor’s degree.
- You must be accepted by and enroll in a full-time Stanford graduate degree program. Priority consideration is given to those intending to spend a minimum of two years studying at Stanford.
- You must exhibit first-step mental intelligence and a proactive pursuit of knowledge.
- You must complete the Knight-Hennessy Scholars application and fulfill the entire application process, including any standardized tests required by your chosen graduate degree program (GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MCAT, etc.).
- English proficiency— listening, reading, speaking, and writing—is imperative for Stanford study. Most graduate programs at Stanford require a minimum TOEFL score of 100iBT or 600PBT. You should note that Stanford graduate degree programs accept the TOEFL, while the MBA Program also considers IELTS and PTE scores.
This scholarship at Yale is characterized by its flexibility, covering a spectrum from a few hundred dollars to exceeding $70,000 per year. Notably, the average Yale need-based scholarship extends beyond $50,000, emphasizing the university’s commitment to providing substantial financial aid to deserving international students across diverse academic disciplines and levels of study.
Study Level: Undergraduate / Masters / Ph.D.
- You must be currently eligible for the Federal Free or Reduced Price Lunch program (FRPL).
- You should have received or be eligible for a fee waiver for the ACT or SAT testing.
- You must be enrolled in a federal, state, or local program designed to assist students from low-income families (e.g., TRIO programs like Upward Bound) is required.
- Your annual family income must fall within the USDA Food and Nutrition Service guidelines on Income Eligibility.
- You must be a resident in federally subsidized public housing, a foster home, or experiencing homelessness is also considered.
- A supporting statement from a financial aid officer, school official, college access counselor, or community leader is encouraged.
The University of Memphis Scholarship is a notable fully funded opportunity for international students pursuing undergraduate studies in the USA. The specific amounts awarded vary, reflecting the university’s commitment to supporting diverse students at different academic levels.
Level of Study: Undergraduate
You must have a minimum high school GPA of 3.0 or above and a minimum of 25/1130 ACT/SAT score.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program offers one of the best fully funded scholarships in the US to international students with a focus on students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds in Africa who are academically talented but economically disadvantaged for undergraduate and graduate studies at partner universities, including some in the United States.
Founded on education, leadership, and community engagement principles, this program strives to provide comprehensive support to scholars pursuing their education at partner institutions globally. If you are selected for this program, you do not only receive financial support for tuition and other academic expenses but also mentorship, leadership development opportunities, and access to a network of like-minded individuals.
Level of Study: Undergraduates and Graduates
How to Apply: Apply through your partner university
- Hold citizenship and residency in one of the African nations.
- Showcase a record of academic excellence and leadership skills.
- Exhibit a strong commitment to promoting sustainability and enhancing climate resilience in Africa.
Rotary Peace Fellowship is a distinguished program designed to cultivate and empower individuals dedicated to advancing peace and conflict resolution. Established by Rotary International, this fellowship supports scholars in pursuing master’s-level studies or professional development in peace and conflict resolution at designated Rotary Peace Centers.
It covers tuition and fees, room and board, and a stipend for related expenses. In addition, you have the opportunity as a fellow to work with leading experts and practitioners in the field.
Level of Study: Masters/ Professional Certificate Studies
How to Apply: Apply via the Rotary Peace Club
For Masters, apply for the scholarship after you have been admitted into the school.
- For the certificate program at Makerere University in Kampala, Uganda, you must either hail from Africa, have professional experience within the continent, or be actively involved in initiatives impacting African communities beyond its borders.
- For the certificate program at Bahçeşehir University in Istanbul, Turkey, eligibility extends to individuals from the Middle East or North Africa, those with regional work experience, or those engaged globally in projects or initiatives linked to the Middle East or North Africa.
The Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Program is a distinguished initiative that fosters educational opportunities for outstanding students from developing countries. Established by the Aga Khan Development Network, this program provides scholarships for postgraduate studies to empower scholars to contribute to their home countries’ social and economic development.
The scholarships offered by the Aga Khan Foundation cover tuition, other academic fees, living expenses, travel costs, and other essential components, providing comprehensive financial support.
Level of Study: Postgraduate Studies
How to Apply: Apply for the annual competitive application process via your home country contact
- You must demonstrate genuine financial need.
- Acceptance into a reputable postgraduate institution. The program prioritizes Master’s degree courses but also entertains applications for Ph.D. studies.
- You must have substantial professional experience, notable extracurricular accomplishments, volunteer contributions, and demonstrated leadership skills.
The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship program is a comprehensive, fully funded initiative catering to international students seeking undergraduate and master’s degrees. This scholarship encompasses complete coverage of tuition, a living allowance, travel, and health insurance.
Participating Institutions include Stanford University, Harvard University, the University of Chicago, and the University of Pennsylvania.
Level of study: Undergraduate / Masters
Eligibility Criteria: You must have been admitted as a full-time student in participating universities.
The ACI Foundation Scholarship represents a fully funded opportunity for international students pursuing undergraduate, master’s, PhD, and postdoctoral studies. Administered by the ACI Foundation, this scholarship provides a substantial educational stipend ranging from $10,000 to $15,000, covering tuition, residence, books, and materials.
This scholarship facilitates access to education at various levels and ensures financial support for a diverse range of academic pursuits within the field of study.
Level of study: Undergraduate / Masters / PhD / Postdoctoral
How to Apply: Click here for the eligibility criteria and application process for the several AXI scholarships.
The fully funded scholarships discussed in this article not only offer financial support but also serve as catalysts for personal and societal transformation. Through these initiatives, the United States is a welcoming hub for diverse talent, fostering a collaborative and inclusive approach to education that transcends borders.